Tuesday, May 23, 2006

One Short Summer

A part of me is
Chipped away and
They say that it now
Roams the surreal.
Like the quaintness
Of a rhyming poem
I remember how
You reacted when you saw
My scarlet headband.
You think I’ve forgotten
The suspended stare
I fought so hard
Not to laugh at.
You were an idiot,
Shaken inside,
Believing and being
deceived
That you fell in love.
A pebble in the sky
Had thrummed you,
Changing your world
Just like the pebble
That bounces on the
Surface of a puddle
After the rain.
You thought it was
That easy;
I always knew you
Were just being naïve
And forgetful.
Now, in retrospect,
I wonder if you’re
Laughing at yourself
Even as I had
When you first
Told me those
Words,
Banal,
Broken,
And unmeant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home