Sunday, December 31, 2006

You're Over

I’ve been calling from Pluto these last few days;
Strangely, you put off lifting the receiver.
Busted vows you gave me
Didn’t even nearly hit it.
The words I used to find so important;
I no longer hear them now
In simultaneity with your honest, beating heart.
I don’t ask you to pay me in spades,
I don’t ask you to give this disappointment a name;
For there is only one name I can give it and
That is the epistemology of your identity.
I talk to you and I sigh and hesitate;
You answer me and you seem to
Delight in my clouded resolution.
I try to warm up to you once again
But you yank the tip of your skirts
From my clutch and huddle yourself the other way.
The chains have gone rusty now;
And it hurts to think that
Shiny new is a dream that ends as soon as it begins.
I don’t believe in reconciliation in totality;
I only recognize the uncooperative gestures of our reality.
The stars have refused sending answers my way;
So now I know you for what you’ve been all along,
A moon. A figure without its own light,
Basking in my glimmer for so long as it enjoys my welcome.
I bored you eventually as evidenced by your
Arrogance even when you heard my tears fall down on the ground.
Thus came to view our link’s quick fall from grace;
I should have known that the lies you forced on me
Would only leave me with the same feeling had you told the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home