Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Suicide Brunette: For Michael

How carelessly beautiful you were
When you paraded with your
Lopsided curling lips,
Gesticulating your sexuality
While I listened to your rhythm
Which otherwise was never there.
I could still capture the fleeting film
Of the dance you commenced
When the music, raucous but glam, rolled on;
When trumpets shivered below your steps
And the applause suffocating.
I almost believed in your levitation,
There, as my eyes devoured the whole of you.
You deceived me for nine precipitous years
And more.
Until one day the notes dwindled,
No longer filtering through, but instead,
Backing away into a black dirge
Against which I fought so hard
Not to acknowledge.
I saw the velvet sheet supporting
The weight of your bones
That once so insensibly
Electrified your flesh to orchestrate
That beautiful jig.
Waltz with me once more, Michael;
Dance with me to the inflating and deflating
Strums of my mourning guitar.
Hum those words to me,
Those lurching, lyrical syllables of your tongue,
Because not once in my vigil
Or in my tranquil repose
Would I see you lowered in a casket;
Not once would I concur to the hands
That plundered that beautiful soul
One day, a lifetime ago,
When I looked at you
With a feeling so separate from inane adoration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home